Thursday 26 June 2014

Two Weddings and a Baby by Scarlett Bailey

I love Scarlett Bailey, and hadn't realised until after I finished Two Weddings and a Baby that it features some of the same characters as Just for Christmas.  Just for Christmas is the first Scarlett Bailey book I have missed, and now, of course, I have to go and immediately get my hands on a copy.

Scarlett Bailey is one of my favourite authors, and historically writes Christmas-themed books.  Well Bailey's latest book has nothing to do with Christmas, but it's just as romantic and it's just as fabulous.

"From reluctant bridesmaid, to accidental mother…

Tamsyn Thorne has not been back to her home town of Poldore for five long years.

But now her brother, Ruan, is about to get married and she has no excuses left.

Her plans to arrive in Cornwall looking chic and successful are dashed when a huge storm turns her from fashion goddess to a drowned rat. Worse, she ends up insulting the local hunky vicar – and then finds a tiny baby abandoned in his churchyard…"


Readers will no doubt find Tamsyn slightly irritating at the beginning, but she grows throughout the book and the wedding and the baby allows her to show everyone the person that she really is.  The storyline twists and turns throughout, and I absolutely adored it.  I loved the twins, the hunky vicar, thr bride and groom, the baby.....everyone!

Quite simply, Scarlett Bailey writes the absolute best "chick-lit" and I can't wait for more....

P.s. How did I miss the fact that Scarlett Bailey IS Rowan Coleman??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! Leave me a comment here: