Monday 22 December 2014

How the In-Laws Wrecked Christmas by Fiona Gibson

"A funny, festive short story from bestseller Fiona Gibson. Just the thing to curl up with on a cold winter night.

Christmas in the country. What could be better? All you need is one country house, one gorgeous boyfriend and a liberal dusting of snow. Right?

That’s what Anna thinks and she can’t wait for the festivities to start. But then she meets her gorgeous boyfriend’s awful parents. And their drunk friends. And she starts to hear all about a certain ex-wife. Suddenly this doesn’t look like a very merry Christmas after all…"


Given this is a short story, I found the characters to be well drawn and I really got into the story, albeit that it took be about half an hour to read!  

Ben's daughter is adorable and his parents are, of course, a complete nightmare, and as for the ex-wife: arggggh!!  I am sure a lot of people will be able to relate to some of the torture and dread which Anna experiences over Christmas in this delightful short story from Fiona Gibson.

The ending leaves some things to the imagination (including the nature of Anna's relationship with J) and in my opinion, easily leaves it open for a revisit to these characters in the future (and given how quickly I warmed to them, I would like that!)

This story obviously does not feature the ideal fairy tale Christmas but it is likely to include threads of many peoples reality!

I downloaded this book as a free book from Amazon - what a festive bargain!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! Leave me a comment here: